JUMP TO:
208TH ARMY BAND
 CONCORD, NORTH CAROLINA -

History

Summary

208th Army Band, Concord, North Carolina. The 208th Amry Band's history began in 1956, when the band was activated as the 108th Division Band after a lateral transfer of personnel and equipment from the 94th Army National Guard Band of North Carolina. The newly formed band was attached to Division Headquarters. In the early 1970’s , the band was assigned to the 508th Support Battalion. In 1982, the 108th Band was re-designated as the 808th Army Band. Then, in 1984, the band was re-designated once again as the 108th Division Band and was reassigned to Headquarters, Headquarters Company, 108th Division Training. Finally, in 1988 the 108th Division Band’s personnel, strength was increased from 29 to 41 personnel and the band was designated a separate unit under the 108th Division Headquarters. In the spring of 2000, the band was deployed to El Salvador as part of Operation New Horizons, Task Force Santa Fe, to provide musical support for morale and support international community relations. In 2008, the band was realigned under the 81st Regional Support Command (RSC), headquartered at Fort Jackson, South Carolina, and designated as the 208th Army Band. The band moved from Charlotte, North Carolina, to Concord, North Carolina. The primary mission of the band is to promote the espirit de corps of our fighting forces, and to serve as a goodwill ambassador throughout North and South Carolina. Whether it is a military function or a civilian performance, the 208th Army Band is prepared to provide concert music, military marches, a stage band, rock band, or a jazz combo.

Shoulder Sleeve Insignia

Distinctive Unit Insignia