JUMP TO:
338TH ARMY BAND (OH)
 WHITEHALL, OHIO -

History

Summary

About the 338th
Latest
The unit's headquarters is the 88th Reserve Support Command at Ft. McCoy, WI.

We are stationed at the 83rd Infantry Division Memorial US Army Reserve Center, Whitehall, Ohio and in Livonia, Michigan.

The 338th is currently made up of musicians from every corner of Ohio, Michigan and parts of Kentucky.


History
The 338th Army Band was originally formed in 1943 at Camp Siebert, Alabama as part of a support group for General Patton's 3rd Army in Europe.

The band was deactivated before overseas deployment in 1945.

The 338th was reactivated in 1952 as part of the U.S. 2nd Army.

Later, the 338th became part of the XXth Corps of the 1st US Army.

In 1967, the band was reassigned to the 83rd Army Reserve Command at Ft. Hayes, Columbus, Ohio.

In September of 1995, the 338th was transferred to the 88th Reserve Support Command with headquarters at Ft. Snelling, Minnesota. Subsequently, that command became the 88th Regional Support Command and is now the 88th Regional Readiness Command.

In 2006, the 338th was reassigned to the 310th Expeditionary Support Command, Fort Benjamin Harrison, Indiana.

In 2008, the 338th was reassigned as a DRU to the 88th Regional Support Command newly headquartered at Fort McCoy, Wisconsin.



Shoulder Sleeve Insignia

Distinctive Unit Insignia