JUMP TO:
380TH ARMY BAND
 RICHMOND, VIRGINIA -

History

Summary

The 80th Division Band was initially created on August 2, 1943, as the 80th Infantry Division Band and activated on August 12, 1943 at Murfreesboro, Tennessee. The band received the Meritorious Unit Citation for service in the European Theater during World War II. Since they had so few musical duties in combat, they were called to serve as MP's and to guard prisoners of war. On February 12, 1959, the unit was re-designated as the 80th Division Band. The strength includes one Warrant Officer and thirty-nine Enlisted members. The mission includes providing music to enhance unit cohesion and soldier morale and to musically support civil/military operations, recruiting operations, and community relations. During contingency operations, mobilization/demobilization, and major training exercises, the mission expands to include musical support for civil affairs and psychological operations.

Shoulder Sleeve Insignia

Distinctive Unit Insignia