JUMP TO:
85TH ARMY BAND
 ARLINGTON HEIGHTS, ILLINOIS -

History

Summary

The 85th Army Band originated 2 August 1943 in the Army of the United States as the Band, 85th Infantry Division and disbanded 25 August 1945 at Campt Patrick Henry, Virginia.

The band reconstituted 6 November 1946 in the Organized Reserves as the 85th Infantry Division Band, and activated 26 March 1948 at Peoria, Illinois. The location changed 1 January 1951 to Gurnee, Illinois and on 31 October 1952 to Waukegan, Illinois.

Reorganized and redesignated 1 June 1959 as the 85th Division Band and the location changed 12 September 1970 to Chicago, Illinois, 15 May 1984 to Arlington Heights, Illinois, 22 February 1991 to Fort Sheridan, Illinois and on 2 June 1998 to Arlington Heights, Illinois

The band reorganized and redesignated 16 October 2008 as the 85th Army Band.

Shoulder Sleeve Insignia

Distinctive Unit Insignia